Lightning Platform in Salesforce has a new service called Lightning Flow. This allows organizations and businesses to create and extend the ability to process automation to improve employee and customer experience. With Lightning Flow Lightning components, users can create visual and guided processes and easily add them to an application, record, console, and portal.
In Lightning Flow, users can apply the power of drag-and-drop, low-code functionality for better customer engagement. Lightning Flow delivers an innovative new way for businesses to realize the benefits of process automation. This includes improving team productivity, digitizing business workflows and reducing wait times for customers.
It is a tool that builds applications known as Flows. Flows enable users to automate business processes. They can be used to create, collect, delete, and update information in Salesforce. Flows can also execute APEX classes and can guide users through screens for updating and collecting data to interact with the Salesforce database.
Through Platform Events, Local Actions, and External Services, Lightning Flow can help connect processes running on the Salesforce Platform to any other platform or system. These events from any system can launch flows, This empowers the right people to take the right actions anywhere and those same flows can connect across any system, for those actions to process anywhere.
Application of Lightning Flow
- Retailing businesses are using this to process and manage merchandise returns.
- Manufacturing businesses are using it for the management of product warranties.
- Financial service organizations are using it for disposing or settling auto insurance claims and dispute resolution.
Innovations of Lightning Flow with respect to the Lightning Platform
Components of Lightning Flow:
Lightning flow holds reusable Lightning components to plan over rich flow screens, visual processes, and its guides.
Two of these programming models can be used to build the Lightning components:
- The Aura Components (original model):
Aura components and Lightning web components can co-exist and exchange information on the same page. Both appear as the Lightning components to end users and admins.
2 The Lightning Web Components:
Integrated Processes in Lightning Flow:
Manages user workflow with third-party services such as Local Actions, External Services, and Platform Events.
Process-Driven Apps of Lightning Flow:
Every customer and employee has Lightning Flow processes embedded in their application. Users can experience this using Lightning App Builder and Community Builder.
Customer Experience with Salesforce Lightning Flow
With the intelligence of Salesforce Einstein, Lightning Flow permits organizations to grasp a 360-degree view of the customer.
This provides a contextual hyper-personalized and seamless experience for employees and customers.
This can help businesses:
- By providing a guided, rich, and visual experience.
- By implementing business processes as goal-oriented instead of task-oriented.
- By helping businesses to input and collect the data needed to complete the application, this makes mortgage applications easier.
- Reducing the frustration of customers that comes with filling out tediously long forms by grouping mortgage application questions more logically.
- By Automating the connection of data flows and back-office systems using local actions, external services, and platform events.
- By Embedding and connecting processes anywhere with customers and employees. This includes service consoles, self-service communities, apps, and sales.
- By Automating the recommendations and providing high relevance to the businesses.
Lightning Platform works together with Lightning Flow to help innovators be more productive. It is improvising on delivering remarkable customer & employee experiences. Lightning Flow marks the beginning of a big transformation of Salesforce towards process-driven applications.
Salesforce Certified Developer | Delivery Management Head
“Areas of expertise:- Project, Program and Delivery management. Implement Agile methodology with Dynamic planning process. Quality Audits and Client Coordination.”